Get ready to smile again, with America’s home folk.
As Vic and Russel relax at home, Sade arrives, and she has a bone to pick with Russel. He seems to have shared a tidbit of gossip that he overheard Sade telling Mrs Razorscum. The minor mention of the sensitive, warm hearted, trashman’s blue eyes has Mr Gumpox thinking Mrs Razorscum is a secret admirer.
How is the trashman taking the news of the gossip? Sade describes the flirtatious activity, and the way that Mrs Razorscum is trying to get rid of the man, and try to not lead him on any further. It’s all quite amusing, but maybe it’s time to stop being so polite, and deliver a good slap in the face. But wait, this goes into a different direction when the gossip mill turns Gumpox into the path of the Gooks so they can admire his blue eyes as well.
- Near the very beginning of the episode Sade enters the back door; Vic calls out inquiring where it is “Irving” the delivery boy. We know from careful listening that the delivery boy is named, “Irvin” – “Irving” on the other hand is an office boy at Consolidated Kitchenware.
- Russell saw and talked to Mr. Gumpox while in line at the Bijou. We learned from an earlier episode that Mr. Gumpox never misses a film opening.
- We find out that while Mr. Gumpox might be slightly conceited about his blue eyes that he’s also a soft-hearted, easy-going, sensitive fellow whose feelings easily get hurt.
- Vic refers to Russell as, “Stone Bruise.”
- There is more than one garbage man in town; probably several. Mr. Gruber is mentioned as the garbage collector between University and Main streets whom Mr. Gumpox almost got into a fight with.
- Prairie Street is mentioned for the first time.
–Trivia provided by Jimbo, as found at: the Crazy World of Vic and Sade.