Audio is a little draggy, but otherwise good. Uncle Fletcher visits, and when he finds that Sade is busy he answers the phone for her. Though he tries to be helpful, Fletcher hangs up on a friend who was calling for Sade, claiming she had the wrong number. The ever tollerant Sade humors Fletcher, and learns the big news that’s on the wind. He has a proposition from Hank Gutstop, an interprise that Sade is far from concerned about since Hank is no friend of hers.
Fletcher goes on to tell about Hanks good fortune with a new job as security guard. It’s such a boring task that Fletcher has been approached to come over to cause trouble and give Hank something to log into his books. Should Fletcher do it? Won’t it put him in a bad light, or give him a bad reputation?
- Hank has had his job at the Butler House Hotel three weeks as of this episode.
- B.B. Baugh and Uncle Fletcher own a peanut vending machine at the Inter-Urban railway station, Recall that Uncle Fletcher is probably wealthy.
- Uncle Fletcher sometimes works as the substitute ticket taker at the Bijou.
- We found out earlier that Uncle Fletcher also substitutes on a milk wagon route.
- We find that the name of the milk company is the “Snow and Palmer Dairy.”
- Uncle Fletcher sometimes holds the red flag for the street gangs around the neighborhood when they tear up the streets.
- Uncle Fletcher says he substitutes for “Kelly Landis” at the gas station when he goes to lunch. I believe this may be a mistake as there is a Kelly Morse who runs the gas station that Uncle Fletcher has mentioned before. We’ll assume “Landis” is Kelly’s middle name.
- In this episode, Uncle Fletcher says, “bridal suit” instead of “bridal suite” and also insists that he’s Sade’s niece.
- Hank Gutstop had to throw William S. McFelters out of the Butler House Hotel lobby just so he could have something to write down on his daily worksheet. mcFelters has been a resident of the hotel for 35 years. He was quite upset after the incident as it took the hotel management an hour and a half to calm him down afterwards.
–Trivia provided by Jimbo, as found at: the Crazy World of Vic and Sade.