Audio is a touch on the draggy side, otherwise its pretty good. An invitation is extended to Vic to go to the Missouri State Home for the Tall. Sade gets a kick out of the unusual institution, but does Vic actually have plans to go there?
Vic is noncommittal on whether he’ll accept, but he takes the offer seriously despite Sade poking fun. If he does, it’ll be without pay, or travel expenses. what will Vic speak about at the home? As Russel continuously interupts with hopes of ice cream, Vic tries out a line of oration or two on his family.
PS: I wonder if they still have that home, and if they’re still taking inmates… er patrons.
- The Missouri Home for the Tall is in Sick River Junction, Missouri.
- Vic was also once asked to speak to the Ohio Home of the Bald.
- In Homer U. McDancey’s letter to Vic, he refers to Sade as “Sally” and to Russell as “Grizzle.”
- Arthur K. Van Beebunk is the Superintendent for the Missouri Home.
- When Vic reads the letter aloud it is very reminiscent of Rush trying to read Aunt Bess’s letter in 1939.
- In the closing of his letter to Vic, Homer U. McDancey has some Latin words we haven’t been privvy to before:
spim spittle no crack pot bunk referendum es coaless dum fusterman goom
–Trivia provided by Jimbo, as found at: The Crazy World of Vic and Sade.