Vic and Russel talk about birds, and a composition that Russel has to write. When Sade joins in with her viewpoints, Vic gets a little melodramatic, and Russel doesn’t seem to get much more done on his assignment. Just what does Sade know about birds, and especially those found around town? Distractions branch from Sade’s articles she read to phone calls, but with all the advice meant to help him, Russel still can’t make any progress.
- Vic calls Russell, “Bob-o-link” and “Mister Woosh” in this episode.
- Two new friends of Russell are introduced in this episode: Bertha Fabre is a girl in his English class. Arthur Grump goes to school with Russell and invites him to go with him to the Bijou.
- Sade says Homer Heck (his debut), who lives on Kinsey Street, knows a lot about Oklahoma. She also says Mis’ Razorscum knows a lot about birds.
- We learn that Fred and Ruthie Stembottom have a green bungalow birdhouse in their backyard.
- Vic says B.B. Baugh claims he was elected “Nightengale of Dismal Seepage (Ohio.)” Also, he had a girlfriend named Dorothy who would forget to put pepper in fudge.
- We find out that Mis’ Sutton is the English teacher at Russell’s school.
- The map has been updated. I imagine when I get done with the series, I will make a much cleaner, nicer map; changing it every other day does not make for a “clean” map.
- Perhaps the best moment of this episode is after the phone conversation that Russell has with his friend, Arthur. This is when he tells Vic and Sade the name of the film (presumably, Gloria Golden and Frank Fuddleman):
–Trivia provided by Jimbo, as found at the Crazy World of Vic and Sade. Visit today to see the progress on map updates.
PS: Hey, it occured to me that someone else who might help out with birds is Fibber McGee’s neighor, Wallace Wimple. He’s also a big bird fan, and has that bird book that McGee borrowed. Check out Remember Golden Radio – Jack Bennys Golden Memories, Selected Tracks. (retro382). There’s a sound clip in there that will explain all.