After dinner Vic plans to get some work done on things from the office. It’s that time of year again for him to decide on getting a Christmas gift for the boss. Vic grumbles over the suggestions he recieved out of the suggestion box.
Russel helps to read the crazy gift ideas, and everyone gets a nice laugh out of it. Everybody except for Vic.
- Vic calls Russell: “Side Saddle” and “Picnic Basket.” He also calls him “Whitehouse” four different times. Russell is played by David Whitehouse.)
- Sade mentions that Mis’ Appelrot has a ‘silly streak.’
- The Thimble Club once visited the City Waterworks.
- Lots of new people mentioned in this episode, all workers at Consolidated Kitchenware Plant 14:
- R. Spaul DiPwini suggested a guitar, overshoes, pillowcases and fudge for gifts.
- I.I. Phobie suggested a hat band, horseshoes, hacksaw and a hydroplane for gifts.
- George L. Winksome suggested iodine, ivory, incenerator and ink for gifts.
- Mis’ Holland (who is Mr. Ruenbush’s private secretary) suggested a watch, handbag, cane, lounging robe, military hairbrushes, easy slippers, pipe rack and 21 more items (not named) as gifts.
- W.Z. Skrang suggested machine oil, a mackinaw, monkey wrench and macaroni.
- Henry A. Tweets suggested a garter, umbrella, suspenders and a saxophone.
- E.O. Sorgers suggested sardines, celery, a steam (driven) calliope and sandwiches.
- Q.P. Slitch suggested paper plates, a potato pan, parasol and putty.
- Office boy Joey Smith was mentioned; he will only contribute a quarter for Mr. Ruebush’s present.