Uncle Fletcher is in the small house halfway up the next block. It’s after dinner, and he relaxes with Sade and Rush as he talks about popcorn. He and Rush prepare for a round of card playing, but Sade wants to know what specific thing uncle Fletcher wanted to ask her about. He wants a friend of his to be invited to join the thimble club. Uncle Fletcher insists that he fill out an application for the club, but Sade assures him it isn’t necessary. Uncle Fletcher insists that his friend go through all the usual initiations and screening process that everybody else goes through. There’s just no explaining to him that the club isn’t that formal.
- The first few seconds of the introduction is missing. Also, the episode is about a minute shorter than usual, although it doesn’t appear to be missing any other parts.
- Uncle Fletcher refers to a man he knew that really liked popcorn: Albert Morton. Morton supposedly had popcorn eating habits that were very much like another man he mentioned in episode 41-02-24 Uncle Fletcher To Meet 1 AM Train, Ed Niarbarque. I could not guess whether they are one in the same or completely different people.
- Even after being told a few times that there’s no need to fill out an application blank in order for Mis’ Keller to join the Thimble Club, Fletcher is so insistant on filling one out that Rush is forced to make one for him.
- As of this episode, Mrs. Keller was 56 years old and weighed 165 pounds, according to Fletcher.
- As far as pops and clicks, I removed most of them and they don’t seem to interfere with the audio too much in this episode, but it’s still not a very clear episode.
Note: Trivia provided by Jimbo at The Crazy World of Vic and Sade.