As Rush and Sade come home, Vic meets them with a special request. He needs some time without interuptions for a special job. Nope. He’s not working on things from the office. His friend from the lodge, YY Flirch has just been voted best looking man, and Vic has to write the article for the lodge magazine.
Of course, interuptions begin popping up, but the real trouble is that it’s hard enough for one man to write of the beauty of another, but YY keeps phoning to see what the progress is, cutting into Vics time, and distracting him even further from his creative juices.
Why doesn’t YY Flirch just write the thing himself? He’s too humble for that, although it looks like Vic just may be forced to do something like that as the frustrations build.
PS: Enjoy this bit of trivia gleaned from this episode, and provided by Jimbo Mason:
- Rush’s friend, Willis Rohrback is mentioned for the first time in the existing audio. He has a brother.
- Flirch is on his way to Covington, Kentucky and is currently staying at the Bright Kentucky Hotel. (I’m surprised Vic didn’t offer to put him up at his house.)
- Flirch was also deemed the man with the “Longest eyelashes on the Western Side of Lester, Nebraska.”
- Near the end of the episode, Vic calls Flirch both a “half-wit” and a “slob.”
- LIRCH MAY REALLY BE A HALFWIT
Despite the fact that Flirch is a big muckity-muck in the lodge and is the best-looking man in the Western side of Lester, Nebraska, we find out in a later episode that he lives in a tent in a parking lot. – Jimbo
Read more that Jimbo has to offer at this page: 40-01-24 Y.Y. Flirch Elected Best Looking Man