In the little house halfway up the next block we find the Gooks reading a letter from the lodge. Vic is now in the silent marching band that consists of a total of ten members, all in different states. As Rush reads the letter, we learn of the complexities of how the members will synchronize their marching practices.
The marching practice contains complicated instructions about what to wear, and the timing of it all with stopwatches. Vic sees no trouble, problems, or anything wierd over the whole matter, but Sade thinks it’s all silly.
Facts about Vic:
- Played by ART VAN HARVEY
- names and nicknames: Victor Rodney Gook (Vic, Gov, Big Muckity-Muck and often the announcer refers to him as the “Master of the Manage”) – The head of the Gook household. When speaking professionally or via literary, he calls himself, “V. R. Gook.”
- Was raised on a farm in the country.
- An officer in the
Read more about Vic and the other characters at: The Crazy World of Vic and Sade
PS: Jimbo Mason provides a little more triia about thiws episode.
The members of the All-Star Marching Team for the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way:
- Y.Y. Flirch, J.J.J.J. Stunbolt, Harry Fie and I. Edson Box (all are from Lester, Nebraska)
- H.K. Fleeber (Grovelman, South Carolina)
- Robert and Slobert Hink (Hoopston, Illinois)
- O.X. Bellyman (Detroit, Michigan)
- Homer U. McDancey (East Brain, Oregon)
- Victor R. Gook (*Whatever City*, Illinois)
(Other than Detroit, all those cities are fictional, according to Google Earth.)
For more from Jimbo, be sure to visit his notes on this epiwsode at 41-01-23 The All-Star Marching Team