What happened this day in news? What were the hot topics of concern?
- Robert Krout reports on the National Day of Prayer.
- Island attacks, fighting on Okinawa, New Guinea, and elsewhere in the Pacific theater.
- Rumors of Himler’s capture in Germany.
- A remote to England and a live report by Edward Murrow who describes of the air armada as it flies a mission over London at sunset.
warren Sweeney delivers the commercial from New York.
- Robert Kraut hands off to Larry Laseur in France to report on flags waving to greet the Americans, rolling in to displace the Germans.
- A picture of Russian tankers rolling through Austria is portrayed.
- George Fielding Elliot reports from San Fransisco on the supply lines to the fronts in the Pacific.
- A commentary on how Japanese air power is weakened, and inaffectual.
- George Moran reports on the security conference in town. Reshifting of world power, including South America are on the table.
- A report from a military leader on desiring an end to the war, and how nations should take over toppled governments.
- what other aims wil the conference deal with? It’s reaches are limited, but a stepping stones to the future.
- Back in New York, a report that Truman is sending to Japanese leders. Surrender, or be devastated.
- Despite the surrender, pockets of fighting still exist in Germany. How should the German soldiers be viewed? who should be held responsible for starting the war? for losing it? Are there parallels with the Germany of 1918? will the Nazi party survive?
Warren Sweeney is back for a closing commercial, and a plug to send v-mail to the troops to boost morale.