Vic spends some time reading passages from the new rule book from the lodge. It deals with the proper, and expected behavior of the wives of the lodge members. Sade listens and comments as Vic reads her the news.
Here are the rules stated in the pamphlet sent by the Sacred Stars of the MilkyWay:
- To be a true and loyal wife of a Sky Brother in the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way, Madam will take pains with the neatness of her person. She will never appear in her husband’s presence with soiled hands or a dirty face.
- To be a true and loyal wife of a Sky Brother in the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way, Madam will refrain from stealing property belonging to others, using coarse language and engaging in rough street brawls.
- To be a true and loyal wife of a Sky Brother in the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way, Madam will acquaint herself with The Treasury of Latin Phrases to be committed to memory and recited at meal times.
Here are a few typical examples:
in hoc spittle dum cluck eve ad adra cola spinach es spogle raymond beirman ich ickle yam live tax om cornacopia feef
- To be a true and loyal wife of a Sky Brother in the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way, Madam will see that her home is kept sweapt and dusted at all times. It is suggested Madam purchase a broom and use it regularly.
- To be a true and loyal wife of a Sky Brother in the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way, Madam will at all times be cheerful, truthful and obedient. She will be on the alert to anticipate her husband’s slightest wish.
While the book itself is $3.75. you can obtain an autographed book by Mr. McDancey for $4.25. A book and autographed photo of Mr. McDancey in full lodge regalia for $5.10. And for $6.50 you can get an autographed book and an autographed photo of McDancey in full lodge regalia.
When Sade reads the “Latin” for “Would you mind passing the butter, please?” she says:
yah plummer e pluribus humor hoc in hoc signal vini vidi webster stockdale horse if extra curricular feef
Sade says H.K. Fleeber sent her a pair of easy slippers at Christmas addressed to: Charlie, Gus, Walter and Margaret. Rush says Mr. Fleeber sent him a pipe with no stem and it was addressed to: Hazel, Eddie, Herman and Fat.
Sade mentions that Y.Y. Flirch wears his shoes on the wrong feet (presumably from a non-surviving episode.)
There is another Gloria Golden-Four-fisted Frank Fuddleman feature at the Bijou: Gazing Into Your Eyes Like This is Heaven, Assistant Umpire Drake.
Every member of the Sacred Stars of the Milky Way Marching Team was mentioned in this episode.
~Trivia by Jimbo, and found on The Crazy World of Vic and Sade: 41-02-16 Wives’ Rule Book