That sweetheart from back home has the tunes you want to hear. You request them, and GI Jill plays them.
- Andy Kirk plays, Riding Along.
- Artie Shaw plays, Stardust.
- Harry James plays and helen Forrest sings, I Heard That Song Before.
- Jill tells how to make a request.
- Kaye Kaiser plays, Sleepy Time Gal.
Note: YANK, The Army Weekly was one of the most widely read magazines during WWII. The idea for the magazine is credited to Egbert White, who had been a writer for Stars and Stripes during WWI. What made Yank unique was that it was written for the Enlisted Man by Enlisted Men. The editorial work was done in New York, then the editions were shipped over seas for printing. There were editions for British, Mediterranean, Continental and Western Pacific theaters. There was a 5 or 10 cent charge for each copy, the theory being the Magazine would be more valued by soldiers and sailors if they had to pay for it.